#1 Nerokk

Nerokk

ExNW Spammer

• WoW sub-Head GM
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:15 PM

Greetings Excal players,

We are continually striving to provide the most fun and blizzlike experience you could possibly have here at Excalibur. 

We have decided to remove Badges of Justice from Vanilla raids (Onyxia’s Lair, Naxxramas, Molten Core, Zul’Gurub, Ruins of Ahn’Qiraj, Blackwing Lair, The Temple of Ahn’Qiraj) in the next update. The next update will be in 10-14 days with another reminder a few days beforehand. 

Farming Badges has become too easy and we’ve decided to move forward and help balance the server even further. This should make for easier TBC group finding. Furthermore, our GM team will also be running events from time to time to encourage players to do Vanilla content with other interesting and worthwhile rewards. Time to spice-up the raiding experience!

Posted Image

#2 DoriusPVP

DoriusPVP

ExNW Gamer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:35 PM

Nice and please will you also update the Vote system cause i believe it makes mounts Looks Cheap as Copper ore including 100vote Per Ground Mount( epic ground mounts 250 battlebear armani warbear spectral tiger qiragi battle tank ..) 300 for fly mount ( epic  fly mounts 500 for headless horseman phoenix  ? 5000 Vote Point For faction This is only an exemple.... ) lot will not love this but those items need to have a VALUE.

#3 Mursa

Mursa

ExNW Advanced Gamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:36 PM

Nice and please will you also update the Vote system cause i believe it makes mounts Looks Cheap as Copper ore including 100vote Per Ground Mount( epic ground mounts 250 battlebear armani warbear spectral tiger qiragi battle tank ..) 300 for fly mount ( epic  fly mounts 500 for headless horseman phoenix  ? 5000 Vote Point For faction This is only an exemple.... ) lot will not love this but those items need to have a VALUE.

I doubt that many players would vote after that or it would significantly decrease vote amount. I havent voted for years since i'm too lazy to type the old recaptcha.

Anyways nice update. Removing BoJ's from vanilla raids, i bet alot of people will be happy about this.

Sharpen (70, Undead Rogue), Items (70, Orc Warrior), Mudsaf (70, Undead Mage), Mursa (70, Troll Shaman), Summons (70, Undead Warlock), Healing (70, Tauren Druid), Muldock (70, Human Priest), Sharperino (70, Blood Elf Paladin)

#4 DoriusPVP

DoriusPVP

ExNW Gamer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:20 AM

its not about Decreasing or increasing the vote System Bro its about giving value to Epic items/mounts/Patterns/Recipes for 1 reason imagine if you was obssessed with Amani war bear but you need 250 vote or more for it .... you will feel the value of an item that keeps you waiting and hoping to get it by passion man that's what i think dude because its a Epic mount looking nice and everything ...... for me it makes me feel like A voting endgame people can Farm all epic mounts in 1year if we count 1month = 1 mount ....

#5 Crazydam

Crazydam

ExNW Advanced Gamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:42 AM

Troll alert!

Dude, do you think the only purpose of "vote" is to have people do it for mounts and stuff? you vote to promote the server and then as a reward for that you can pick something shiny. If it would take that many vote points no one would bother doing it.

The Amani war bear is easy to get to be honest.... I don't think many people even used vote points for it.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

#6 DoriusPVP

DoriusPVP

ExNW Gamer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:59 AM

Troll Alert! you vote to promote the server and then as a reward for that you can pick something shiny OK bro but shiny as a potato value also ok!  If it would take that many vote points no one would bother doing it.  ok cause 90%ofthe server got it OK The Amani war bear is easy to get to be honest.... ok! 

#7 Amitar

Amitar

ExNW Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 02:16 AM

I don't see how this balances anything when everyone has access to farming badges. I play this server because it is Blizz-Like except I don't have to spend a ridicules amount of time just to make it to Kara let alone the other high end raids. In retail I could not allocate 3 mandatory days or more a week for 6 hours a night raiding just to get into any of the high end raids. It is bad enough there is a limited amount of people on the server and very few in my time zone. Removing one of the only sources to start the chance of getting into high end raids without a huge time commitment could very well end my time and others time on this server. Bad move.

#8 LTA

LTA

ExNW Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:28 AM

Thanks server for balancing down ... they are geniuses.

#9 XAZART

XAZART

ExNW Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:30 AM

I don't see how this balances anything when everyone has access to farming badges. I play this server because it is Blizz-Like except I don't have to spend a ridicules amount of time just to make it to Kara let alone the other high end raids. In retail I could not allocate 3 mandatory days or more a week for 6 hours a night raiding just to get into any of the high end raids. It is bad enough there is a limited amount of people on the server and very few in my time zone. Removing one of the only sources to start the chance of getting into high end raids without a huge time commitment could very well end my time and others time on this server. Bad move.

No its not that.I never entered that raids and i still took some  PVE items to be prepared for karazhan and grull.So i think this changes   are VERY GOOD.They will balance even more the server,cuz i dont think there is other server,which is good and working as this one(excallibur).People are liking TBC and want to test that exp!

#10 SussebasseN

SussebasseN

ExNW Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:49 AM

Gonna be cool to see if it opens up for more HC dungeon farming or not :) I know that AQ20/ZG BoJ runs are something that players do each reset just to gear up quickly so will be fun to see the increased HC dungeon spamming instead ^^

#11 7Xg033%[email protected]

7Xg033%[email protected]

ExNW Wannabe Gamer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:10 AM

While this will hopefully promote more HCs being farmed it will also kill the vanilla raids, doubt many people will ever want to join the non attunment vanilla raids now. I understand the reasoning behind it but still something keeps me on the fence if its an actual good idea. Good luck getting 40 people for an MC now; might as well just remove the window and force attunement. Don't be pressured by people who say excal is not true blizz or new tbc server's that barely work.

#12 SirVAO

SirVAO

ExNW Advanced Gamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:13 AM

I do support this change, however I do believe that the new guys on excal are getting it harder and harder as the time goes, while the old players still get to keep their rewards from the times of easy mode... I'm not saying there's a way around that, just putting it out there.

Maybe you could consider a hybrid solution? While the gearing was made much easier, BoJ in vanilla raids made gameplay more diverse and fun. I suggest you may add a few badges to the end bosses? Example:

ZG bosses drop 0 boj, but Hakkar drops 2

AQ20 bosses drop 0 boj, but Osirian and Buru drop 1 each

MC bosses drop 0 boj, but Ragnaros drops 3, and so on...

Just something to think about... better get my boj now while it's still hot :)

#13 Ultramega

Ultramega

ExNW Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:42 AM

This is definitely a good move, hopefully then we'll see more heroics/Kara happening. I personally never joined such BoJ runs and didn't have any trouble gearing up a character for T4 raids and beyond. Still, it would be nice to see organized Vanilla events happening on a regular basis.

#14 Volitar

Volitar

ExNW Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:14 AM

Just makes gearing alts more annoying. Trying to find pugs for heroics on non peak hours is already hard enough.

#15 dynamsi

dynamsi

ExNW Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:52 AM

I personally kind of dislike this move. Doing daily HC, AQ/ZG runs, and Kara (maybe ZA if you already have better Gear) on reset is a pretty nice and easy way to get decent pants/chest and some other good badge items like ninja tabis and totems/relicts and stuff. From my personal playstyle i highly doubt that i do more normal HCs to gear up my alts since its super ineffective in terms of time invested to the badges you get. I will still just wait for the reset of the mentioned dungeons and it will make gearing up alts more annoying and it will hinder new players to get gear.

not to mention that it now will be a major pain in the ass for eg hunters to get +30 hit enchants on ranged weapons since noone will run MC ever again, expecting prices go through the roof, if available at all. And its by far the best enchant especially for BM hunters who usually struggle a bit to achieve hitcap.

Since it does nothing to balance gameplay or economy at all and just rises the level of annoyment by increasing the time you have to spent on farming I'm not a fan of this.

#16 Kukawka

Kukawka

ExNW Gamer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:09 AM

Just makes gearing alts more annoying. Trying to find pugs for heroics on non peak hours is already hard enough.

Will be easier with this change ;)

#17 Apocalypsa

Apocalypsa

ExNW Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:54 AM

I suggest a different kind of a move in order for you to 'provide the most fun and blizzlike experience you could possibly have'.

Remove the store, gift at lvl 70, and horde/alliance interaction...

#18 FirstOne

FirstOne

ExNW Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:54 PM

There are still ppl that brag about how they got warglaives 3 years ago, by going forth removing more stuff would be unfair for new players and removing the badges is like removing the only thing that actually motivated ppl doing vanilla instances, just my opinion.

#19 DoriusPVP

DoriusPVP

ExNW Gamer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:54 PM

There are still ppl that brag about how they got warglaives 3 years ago, by going forth removing more stuff would be unfair for new players and removing the badges is like removing the only thing that actually motivated ppl doing vanilla instances, just my opinion.

i know bro but lets be honest those people with warglaives played atleast 5years on Server and they deserve that ( i don't have any warglaives ) and for azeroth i wish if only Elemental motes had more drop chance in Azeroth than outland.. also Some PVP azeroth daily With a new NPC and a gold reward btw 10-20g like securing the towers in plagueland / silithus .... blasted land(1 time per week daily : saturday for exemple) Burning legions invade azeroth through The dark portal ( all kinds of mobs by 10 or 20 ,, droping items , gold and also honor, bonus Bosses can be included too ) but every raid/party for her own and ofc open friendly fire sometimes 1 kill worth xD those are still suggestion dude but who know's how its going to be ^^ 

#20 ROCANT

ROCANT

ExNW Advanced Gamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:14 PM

I do support this change, however I do believe that the new guys on excal are getting it harder and harder as the time goes, while the old players still get to keep their rewards from the times of easy mode... I'm not saying there's a way around that, just putting it out there.

Maybe you could consider a hybrid solution? While the gearing was made much easier, BoJ in vanilla raids made gameplay more diverse and fun. I suggest you may add a few badges to the end bosses? Example:

ZG bosses drop 0 boj, but Hakkar drops 2

AQ20 bosses drop 0 boj, but Osirian and Buru drop 1 each

MC bosses drop 0 boj, but Ragnaros drops 3, and so on...

Just something to think about... better get my boj now while it's still hot :)

I agree that badges shouldn't drop off vanilla, but I think Vao might be on to something with his suggestion. A lot of people will not go to old school raids because there is nothing but nostalgia to benefit them. Giving last boss a SMALL amount of badges (1-3 depending on the difficulty of the raid) will help to keep the retro scene alive, or more to then what is proposed. Either way it works but I just thought id point out that SirVao had a really good idea.

Edited to add - To all of the people saying its going to kill gearing alts.... why do you think this server has so many people come and go? It is because there isn't much to do once you gear out, and to get gear isn't hard at all because so many guilds have the content on farm or you can buy it. This will lead to more longevity from other players.

I am the bad guy because that is a role that must be filled, what's your excuse? - Damon Salvatore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users