#1 Thelxiope

Thelxiope

GM MASTER BLASTER COMMANDER CHIEF

• WoW Head GM
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:56 AM

Dearest Excalibur players,

After the gazzilion forum requests for double rates (you guys don't give up  :D) we finally thought of an excuse to enable them!

Since the new school year is starting soon, we thought "what better way to spend our last 'free' weekend than to spend it gaming the hell out of it?!"

DOUBLE RATES (xp, honor and BoJ) starting tonight 23:59 server time, until Monday 00:01 server time!!

Let's get this party started!

ehvn8.png

#2 redbull

redbull

ExNW Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:53 AM

aw yiss

Redbullvodka - Redbuffvodka - Redginovodka - Redplebvodka - Newtasty

#3 ps0

ps0

ExNW Wannabe Gamer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 12:15 PM

inb4 you should have told us sooner

#4 painz

painz

ExNW Gamer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:52 PM

alright... time for BGs to be populated again!

#5 Louyou71

Louyou71

ExNW Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:53 PM

Why just normal boj drop rate in kara during "Double Rates Weekend"?

#6 Grinch

Grinch

Developer

• WoW Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 05:36 AM

Should be ok by now, all BoJ drop rates have been doubled, including raids.

#7 thoran

thoran

ExNW Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:47 AM

Hi!!!!

One year ago this server have more a less 2-3 days of extra ratings per month depending of the voting of the players.

Why this methodology have change? This periods was a fun way to level pj and a excuse to create new characters.

Can you explain me? 

Thanks!!!!!!

#8 Crazydam

Crazydam

ExNW Advanced Gamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:16 PM

Hi!!!!

One year ago this server have more a less 2-3 days of extra ratings per month depending of the voting of the players.

Why this methodology have change? This periods was a fun way to level pj and a excuse to create new characters.

Can you explain me? 

Thanks!!!!!!

Very simple, population of the server would peak in those days, the server would lag and it would be pretty hard to raid in that environment.

The double experience/rates was also screwing up with the economy of the server.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

#9 Grinch

Grinch

Developer

• WoW Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 07:34 AM

The double experience/rates was also screwing up with the economy of the server.

This was the biggest reason, together with a high demand from players to ease down on the double rates.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To make things clear once and for all, since no matter how many times we said it, I see there are still misconceptions about it: double rates themselves never caused "lag" and never will.

The issues we had was due to certain individuals abusing a certain thing that was putting the server under heavy stress. It so happened, that those exploits were mostly abused during the double rates events. The bug was fixed long ago and tens of accounts banned so the issue is gone for almost a year now. The exploit was so severe and caused us so many headaches and sleepless nights that now we are banning people even for trying it, even if it doesn't work anymore, so you've been warned. And no, you cannot do this "accidentally" or pretend you didn't know about it, it was a pretty technically involved exploit.

We've had numerous double rates events since without any issues, so people, please stop spreading misinformation.

#10 Maunga Turoto

Maunga Turoto

ExNW Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:34 AM

I was guessing the issues didnt arise in recent double rates events because the population no lonhe
*was no longer reaching 2.5k+ player online. Anyway it's not important, but I'm interested in how the server would handle 2.5k now. If the population isnt the cause of the iasus
Issues*, I would love if we advertised a bit to raise the population.. I know the 'more risk of getting shut down' argument, but playing with only 300 people online at times and only being able to dungeons/raids during like 1/4 of the day because you can't find a tank, is worse, for me, then the (IMO) slight rise in risk of being shut down.

#11 Grinch

Grinch

Developer

• WoW Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 11:16 AM

We've had over 4.5k players at one point and double rates with over 3k players online without a hitch, population is not an issue regarding double rates, never was, never will be.

There's no other *hidden* reason for the issues we had and those issues have been solved long ago, almost a year.

• Lov likes this

#12 Maunga Turoto

Maunga Turoto

ExNW Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 09:46 PM

I see. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users