7 replies to this topic

#1 MrAladeen

MrAladeen

Glorious Ruler

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:09 AM

So as promised, our new forum is finally here.

Feel free to give it a try at

https://forum.excalibur.ws/

Now the login procedure is a bit different you can now actually login with your Excalibur email address and Password (Note NOT username!!).

After you login you will be able to pick a Display Name, for security reasons I would advise you to make this something different than your current account.

(Please notes older accounts that have used their email address for more than 1 account will be having login issues, make a support topic here if this is the case).

I've taken the liberty of running some benchmarks and the new forum easily handle 200+ concurrent users!

This, now OLD forum will be put into archive mode tomorrow or the day after as we will slowly allow you to move to the new forum.

Our old Forum will be archived on Friday the 9th of February.

We are aware there are still many links / feeds drawn from this forum which we will update in the coming days.

"To aladeen or not to aladeen , that is the question" - MrAladeen

#2 DivineKofa

DivineKofa

ExNW Wannabe Gamer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:10 AM

And what info should we provide in that support topic, in case we got multiple accounts on one mail?

Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb! Science fiction, right?

#3 MrAladeen

MrAladeen

Glorious Ruler

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:48 AM

Just providing the email should be enough, you are also free to send me a PM in this case (be warned I am not a fast replier).

As an alternative if you happen to know all your accounts feel free to simply login to them and change the email!

#4 Urec

Urec

ExNW Gamer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:06 PM

The new forum looks good, but it looks like pretty much every post requires moderator review. Is this intended as a permanent feature, or is it just temporary while you bring the forum online?

Also, I'm guessing there was no way to port in account ages? I'm rather proud of my history here, personally.

#5 Grinch

Grinch

Developer

• Retired GM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:31 PM

All the new accounts required moderation for the first few posts for a while now, and since we are starting a new system, all the accounts are technically new. After a few posts the moderation is not required anymore.

As for account ages, it's a technical TLDR, but indeed it's not feasable, old forum accounts are in no way associated with the ingame accounts.

#6 Urec

Urec

ExNW Gamer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:47 PM

Makes sense, thanks for the clarification!

#7 Cathys

Cathys

ExNW Gamer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:58 PM

Can`t see the difference or why it took that much time to do a simple update.

Officer and Raidlead of 46&2
46&2 Kil'Jaeden firstkill: 46&2 vs. Kil'Jaeden

#8 MrAladeen

MrAladeen

Glorious Ruler

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:45 AM

Can`t see the difference or why it took that much time to do a simple update.

The update is a major change in the way the system of the forum works, we upgraded from version 3 to 4 of IPS (our forum software) which was a major overhaul. You can compare it to updating windows XP to Windows 10, though things might feel the same, under the hood it's completely different. Not only is the new forum much faster it packs a bunch of new features that benefit both staff and user alike.

We spent some time integrating the forum to our ingame user database, this presented a few challenges as the forum by default allowed users to change their username, getting the details just just right takes time and a lot of discussing (setting permissions from scratch, what permissions do users get, how to limit signatures, etc etc)

But to see it you must go to https://forum.excalibur.ws/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users